Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI agree. I feel like "dated" music to someone who loved that era is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2659534&mesg_id=2659573
2659573, I agree. I feel like "dated" music to someone who loved that era is
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Feb-08-12 09:07 PM
one of the best things ever. Like when I hear a new song that sounds EXACTLY like a 94 G-Funk song, or even some random G-Funk songs from that era, I get HYPE from it. Same with some New Jack Swing tracks, like how Phonte did that "I wanna do ya" imitation of Keith Sweat and Aaron Hall...I enjoyed that more than most real songs that were new at the time.

I also feel that every era, well almost every era, had certain elements that were best at that time, or that were great at that time. So Mid 80's Rap - Drums. New Jack Swing - Chord changes, choruses. Crunk era - Energy. G-Funk - Basslines. Timbaland era - Drum patterns. Etc etc. etc....so with that, even most "dated" music has some redeemable quality if it was good/great at the time. But some of it just sounds like "how and why did I like that????" and that's what you probably mean with "Stale."