Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI wrote about this in another thread semi-recently...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2659534&mesg_id=2659543
2659543, I wrote about this in another thread semi-recently...
Posted by Brew, Wed Feb-08-12 07:42 PM
and I remember thinking to myself "wow - I'll never be able to put this as well as I just did ever again. I should start a thread about it" but I never did. And now I'm pissed cause I'll never remember what thread I wrote my shit in.

I just searched cause I think it was in one of those "top albums of the decade" posts but I can't search for shit on this site so nevermind.

But anyway. IMO, "dated" ain't a bad thing, at all. Music that sounds like the time it came out brings me right back to where I was when I was banging the shit daily. An album like Stillmatic comes to mind. It certainly has a very early 2000s sound to it, but I can still listen to it now and it still fucking bangs. I just don't think "dated" needs to have a negative connotation, necessarily. It can be a good thing too.

Like someone said in the other post, "stale" is a better way to describe music that doesn't sound good anymore because of it's age or specific sound or whatever.

Shit I wish I could find my other post. I'm doing a miserable job explaining it the want I want to and did previously.