Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecttwo fingers - stunt rhythms [2]
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2658635&mesg_id=2753550
2753550, two fingers - stunt rhythms [2]
Posted by howisya, Fri Nov-02-12 11:15 AM
i like it ok but nowhere near as much as the first album (one of my top 5 albums of that year w/ APC, major lazer, mos def, and dj quik & kurupt). i don't understand how or why he released a two fingers album without doubleclick, the other finger if you will. (what's next, an eskamon album without eskmo?) this could have been another amon tobin album easily, dumbstep and all. it's interesting you consider the first two fingers album as heavily referencing timbaland because i don't think that ever occurred to me, but i do hear it on "magoo" on this album. i look at 'stunt rhythms' as an outgrowth of tobin's fascination with mid-'00s g-unit more than anything else. 50 would've sounded good on some of these. that said, sway's presence is sorely missed on this album as well. i never really paid attention to him before 'two fingers,' but he killed that album. even ms. jade shined. none of the guests came off on 'stunt rhythms,' which is probably why they were relegated to a bonus disc when the whole album could have fit on one disc.