Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm not comparing D to the godfather, I'm just stating that you seem
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2658113&mesg_id=2658267
2658267, I'm not comparing D to the godfather, I'm just stating that you seem
Posted by vee-lover, Sun Feb-05-12 05:52 PM
to keep knocking D'angelo for his "mumbling" but James Brown seemed to do aight w/his mumbling...and for the record, D'angelo IS a better singer than James Brown.

>Nispey Russell. R.kelly has influenced and brought back more
>careers and we ain't even talking about unknown acts and his
>ownself.

funny you didn't even name ONE...lmao
>
>D'angelo and neo SOul was tired and trendy and where is it
>now?

there's no such thing as being trendy when it comes to quality music which is why ppl have waited all this time for D to drop another record. If D'angelo was simply a trend, then he woulda disappeared w/o anyone noticing...or caring but as we're seeing that's isn't the case. And for the record, many of those same "neo-soul" artist are STILL making great music whether its under the banner of neo-soul or not.

>R.kelly left D'angelo back at the dock.

no one even compares Kells music to D'angelo LOL...and for you to constantly compare and knock D'angelo is proof that deep down you know he's the truth. No one is as preoccupied as you seem to be w/trying to tear down or prove D'angelo isn't as good a artist as Kells when that's not the case at all.
>
>R.kelly has influenced a whole lot of talented people. peep
>out Kellz in Africa.

what artist in Africa did he influence? LOL...Oh, that's right he influenced Femi Kuti didn't he! Can't understand, though, why Femi personally wanted D'angelo and other *respected* artists on his opus to his father, "Red Hot + riot, the spirit of Fela Kuti"...I think Kells couldn't make that trip because he had a court date to answer for being a sexual deviant.
>
>D'angelo still stuck doing oldies but goodies.

as long as they're "goodies," they NEVER get old, that's the beauty of timeless music. Kells, on the other hand, makes A LOT OF DISPOSABLE MUSIC that is very forgettable. You know I'm right.