Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyou are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2658113&mesg_id=2658182
2658182, you are trying waaay to hard to convince ppl D'angelo is just some
Posted by vee-lover, Sun Feb-05-12 12:30 PM
run of the mill artist LOL

Marques Houston?!?!? cmon, son!!! that ish was corny when he bit the 'How does it feel' video because it was so blatantly obvious what he was doing LOL.

You need to just get over the fact that R Kelly a.k.a. "the pied pedo" doesn't make interesting music, he can make hit records though but I know no one who listens intently to Kells music because of how sophisticated the arrangement is or how tight the drumming or guitar playing is or anything of the sort, ppl I know who are ardent Kells's fans like his music because its accessible and catchy. Plain and simple, D puts out genre bending music, Kells doesn't, bottom line...

Kells ain't got shit in his resume that can fuck with Brown Sugar or Voodoo...'12 play?' LOL....'trapped in the close?' LOL

I've heard so many of the great and legendary artist single out ONLY D'angelo as carrying the torch for soul music...ranging from BB King, Prince, Babyface, Tom Jones, Raphael Saadiq, Palladino just to name a few...

a few yrs ago, there was a VH1 documentary that traced the history of blk music and it went throught the litany of blk artists who set the standard for future artist to follow after...and in it they talked w/ Quincy Jones and Brian McKnight and both talked abt how there's been a decline in the quality of music, particularly soul music, over the years...

but

BOTH said no matter how barren the landscape is, there's always seems to be one to keep the torch lit...and guess who was the ONLY current artist they mentioned?

and lemme just say it wasn't the artist who has pedophilia proclivities.