Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectuh huh.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2656042&mesg_id=2656358
2656358, uh huh.
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Wed Feb-01-12 12:46 AM
>the fukk out of here..you are the champ of revisionist
>history..always talking about some shit you scanned and
>posted....Fool people din't have ready access to scan shit and
>post it on the internet back then....it was available but your
>ass sure didn't have it...

This was less than six months ago, asshole.

I can go and look for the post... I know it was still here like a month ago.

>you called it Karaoke....

OldPro called it karaoke.

I called it *virtual* karaoke. And yeah... I stand by it. I enjoyed it immensely, though... but karaoke is fun.

>>uh... when did I wish he would flop? Or were YOU wishing
>that
>>I wished it?
>
>honestly the bitchmade snark you would come with.... don't
>back track now player.

My dude... That is not an answer to the question.

Just tell me WHEN I wished he would flop. Link a post, or just cite one and I'll go find it myself. Or even paraphrase something I said that indicated that.

Go ahead, liar. Support your statements with facts. (For once)

>I'm just saying..and again I'm not dissing your musical
>taste..I'm really not...but you are not the type of Funk fan
>who listens to live stuff more than studio stuff...which is
>why your critique of those types of live performances I'm not
>buying because it's not your forte...again..not a diss..but
>you were not the guy fiending over live Prince bootlegs and
>bumping Pfunk's Rocky Moutain shakedown...or ripping the audio
>off of VHS concert videos...

LOL

As if anything of that were relevant... I mean, it's totally not relevant, but beyond that it's just bullshit.

I've had Rocky Mountain Shakedown on vinyl for more than 20 years. I've got a massive VHS collection (and some stuff on uMatic and Quad reel-to-reel tape) that would make the average Black music fiend drool (and just the other day I was thinking I should start digitizing them and sharing them on YouTube). I just moved this past weekend and broke my back carrying crate after crate of rare live cassettes going back 40 years.

And on top of that, I'd wager I've been to more shows than you. Easily.

None of that is really relevant, though... Because at the end of the day, I don't think D'Angelo's funk is very convincing. That is my opinion and I have even offered in this very post a well-informed musical opinion--something you have not done, relying instead on incessant ad hominem--why I think it is so (Pino isn't a funk bassist... he can be funky at times, but he's not a funk bassist).

You seem to have this notion that D'Angelo represents some sort of watermark and if you don't feel his shit then you don't feel or know funk.

Not so.