Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectthe Voodoo tour was heat....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2656042&mesg_id=2656319
2656319, the Voodoo tour was heat....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jan-31-12 10:25 PM
yeah it was on some James Brown...some Prince...Some Pfunk..

but what elese was it supposed be on???

there is a certain standard of greatness that people have set..and when you are reaching towards that greatness...what you do is gonna look familiar to that...

one of the things I always say is that that Largest Grossing Movie actor in the history of motion pictures made his career off of copying Richard Pryor and Jerry Lewis.... Does that mean that Eddie Murphy wasn't original?? No...but I mean when you are in a certain line of work, and you strive for greatness.....there is a certain familiarity in you manifesting greatness that was done before you..

I want to go to a concert that's on some Funk like Prince, James, Pfunk and Sly.... In fact that's really the only type of concert I'd want to go to.

There hasn't been a live show like Voodoo since Voodoo....and as much as I love the Classic Funksters...I'm not about to say they're the only ones who ever brought it and nobody is worth listening to after...