Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIt's not like amazon/iTunes is like shopping at K-Mart for music, tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2650942&mesg_id=2652513
2652513, It's not like amazon/iTunes is like shopping at K-Mart for music, tho
Posted by Ishwip, Tue Jan-24-12 12:25 PM
>...the stuff iTunes and Amazon does not carry ...out of
>print rare releases from years past ...sure i can get the
>latest Katey Perry album, but how about that vinyl only
>indi-hip hop underground release from 96????

Sure, there's probably a gang of super obscure stuff you could bring up as not being on there, but it's not like you can only find Katy Perry or Bruno Mars, either:

Gangrene "Vodka & Ayahuasca​"
KRS-One "BDP Album"
Has-Lo "Conversation B"
Action Bronson & Statik Selektah "Well Done"

These are off my amazon wishlist and I'd think by any reasonable measure those could be called under the radar/indy/obscure releases.

If the argument is amazon or itunes aren't up to snuff because they don't have every single piece of recorded music ready to download then I guess we'll never have something that could make everyone happy.

But as for your specific "vinyl only indi-hip hop underground release from 96" example, I agree, that's where a megaupload serves a valuable purpose of helping share a forgotten gem. Shame we don't have music stores anymore. But that's still a VERY specific situation lol.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)