Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMegaupload Shut Down by feds (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2650942&mesg_id=2650942
2650942, Megaupload Shut Down by feds (swipe)
Posted by MME, Thu Jan-19-12 04:27 PM
I had no idea Swizz Beats was CEO of megaupload.

Megaupload Shut Down After Piracy Indictment
Posted in Entertainment, Featured Content, Featured Music Content, Music | Tagged indictment, MegaUpload, Swizz Beatz
By TST Staff on January 19, 2012

Megaupload, one of the world’s largest file-sharing services, has been shut down by federal prosecutors, according to CBS News, and some of the company’s employees have been indicted.

New York Times reports that the file-sharing giant is accused in the indictment of “costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content.”

As previously reported, Kasseem Dean, better known by his platinum hip hop production alias Swizz Beatz has revealed himself to be the CEO MegaUpload.com.

The site came under fire after a questionably strange music video promoting the site featuring testimonials by Diddy, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Will.i.am, Chris Brown and the Game hit the net. Universal Music Group, the label of Diddy, Will.i.am and Kanye West issued a take down notice for the video as their appearances were deemed as unauthorized performances.

MegaUpload then issued a lawsuit against Universal to stop it from blocking the distribution of the video, stating that they have legal agreements with each individual artist involved.