Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectugh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2649927&mesg_id=2651647
2651647, ugh
Posted by cjr2221, Sat Jan-21-12 04:13 PM
you guys don't get it. It's alright though.

Firstly
Drake isn't telling/making up fictional stories like Nas and Jay are. You guys would know and recognize this if you listened to his music.

He literally has a few lines that are hyperbole, compared to someone like Jay-Z, who's claimed he has crime organized like the Pharoahe. (Bring It On).

Whether or not it's alright for Nas/Jay-Z to lie about their lives, no wait they're not lying they are just "story telling," cool. It doesn't really apply to Drake because he doesn't do this. I asked Anonymous to find more examples of Drake, pretending to be something he isn't. He obviously can't do this, because he doesn't listen to his music.

But what is irksome is the people saying that Drake is this or that, without anyone ground to stand on. I feel like I'm getting trolled.

He said "don't make me catch a body like that," that doesn't mean he has killed someone. It's called being braggadocious.

Nas is my favorite rapper, but come on. Do you really think Nas experienced the things he rapped about on IWW? Really? No, at best he witnessed some of that stuff from his window, but it's alright for him to rap about it?

Didn't Nas make shootouts? Which is probably his worst song ever. But, he doens't get half the flack for shootouts, and entirely bullshit song; that Drake does for one line in one song.

You contradict yourself in your post btw. Is the stuff they rap about things they experienced first hand like you said? Or just stuff they witnessed? Is it storytelling, or narrative?

It's all plea copping, the sooner you realize that all rappers lie the sooner you can start enjoying more music.

Ala Rick Ross. Nobody gives a fuck about him being a security guard.

It's just entertainment. Hence why 50 Cent, someone who was more "real" than Ricky by far; "lost" to Rick Ross. Where's 50 now? lol

Hip-Hops not about being genuine anymore. Jay HIMSELF is the one who said it's just entertainment.

Stop taking it so seriously.

Be Good. =)