Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwow what do you smoke? it's obvious you haven't heard one of Drake's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2649927&mesg_id=2650956
2650956, wow what do you smoke? it's obvious you haven't heard one of Drake's
Posted by cjr2221, Thu Jan-19-12 04:58 PM
LP's.

Trust me when I say this. Drake isn't on that fake thug stuff. 90% of his material is him complaining about the plight of being successful/rich people problems.

All of this is true...and whenever ANY artist does it...it's not good. so when Common and Jay and Nas and KRS get called out they rightfully deserve too. My point is that Drake is on that "bullshit" ALL the time and that is what people like.
-----------------------------------

If you think Drake is on "that bullshit" ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS JAY-Z OR NAS HAVE BEEN ON IT YOU HAVEN'T HEARD A DRAKE ALBUM AND IT'S IN CAPS BECAUSE I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Drake like never raps about gunplay/moving bricks etc.

Don't even comment on things you know nothing about man. I could understand if you listened to So Far Gone then said, this is to R&Bish for me to like. That's a valid reason to not like him, but what's annoying is people disliking him for something he doesn't even do. Which is pretend to be thugged out, that's not part of his image at all, just look at his album covers man.

NAS AND JAY HAD ENTIRE ALBUMS ABOUT MOVING BRICKS.

Have you heard Reasonable Doubt? Jay at his best was pretending to be a drug kingpin. Nas at his best lyrically (IWW) was him pretending to be mafioso. Cmon man, they both demonstrated more bullshit on singular albums than Drake has over his entire career thus far. FOH, with that shit.