Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectwhat you call universal criteria, i see accurately as a point system
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2649927&mesg_id=2650475
2650475, what you call universal criteria, i see accurately as a point system
Posted by Jon, Wed Jan-18-12 12:27 PM
which closes off a thousand possible pathways for expression and turns it into a sport which you can study, perfect, and eventually distill into everyone working toward the same single proper throwing motion for best results.

>We talk about lists specifically because we want to
>control for our personal biases and discuss the music
>with an honest attempt at structure and universal
>criteria
:
we should be able to discuss these things without need for universal scorecards. We will always find universal commonalities in our discussions anyway, we don't need to manufacture a static version of them.

>Otherwise I can say Kreashawn is higher on my top 5 than
>Eminem because she reminds me of a a girl I humped
>in high school
:
and if you naturally and genuinely are more pleased by listening to her than eminem, then there is obviously a chord she's striking (reminding people of a certain kind of chick) which might not be part of the official scoring system but should have been, especially since that feeling is strong enough to outshine eminem if all his skillful awesomeness isn't potent enough to outshine her simple but unique effect on certain people like you...because its all about how it makes you feel and how much you enjoy it.