Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: BELOW: List MCs that can be potentially listed above KRS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2649927&mesg_id=2650349
2650349, RE: BELOW: List MCs that can be potentially listed above KRS
Posted by Anonymous, Tue Jan-17-12 11:19 PM
Nas I will agree with

Jay…I will agree with as far as being greatest but I find Jay overrated as far as skill goes

Big & Pac I am not sure on. I mean, people list them just to list them at this point.

-Big had 2 albums and to be honest, Life After Death is half good. No one can be sure as to where he would be if he hadn't died, but we can be sure that his death catapulted him to everyone's top 5 with no questions asked which I just can't ride with.

-Pac put tons of work in and while he may not have been as great of a technical MC, he was a great artist and I can see giving him a top 5 slot because his work + his impact is almost unmatched.

There is NO WAY i'm giving you Slick Rick as being better than KRS. Rick is great and made one HUGE album and one great album and then he falls in line with everyone else. if you look at those 90s albums that the greats released around 93-96, Rick's isn't on the same level as Return of The Boom Bap, 4,5,6 or even The 18th Letter in my opinion. I will never deny Rick's spot on people's list as a great MC because he IS a legend…but he is not higher than KRS by any means.

Rakim…there is no question this is correct…Rakim is probably the one MC that everyone can agree on.