Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTo me hell yeah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2649927&mesg_id=2650257
2650257, To me hell yeah
Posted by cjr2221, Tue Jan-17-12 05:37 PM
no question.

In the greater picture of Hip-Hop, no lol.

I concede that KRS-One was more important.

I used to love Criminal Minded when I was like 11. Not because of KRS though lol. *I didn't know who Kris was, or what BDP was just that I liked the music.*

I actually prefered D Nice to KRS. If you asked my 11 year old self do you like BDP?

I'd be like yeah man I love that guy D Nice. Probably one of the first Hip-Hop songs I memorized.

The copy of Criminal Minded my brother left behind had D-Nice Rocks the house tacked on the end. So I ALWAYS thought D Nice Rocks the House was a part of Criminal Minded. I played criminal Minded a lot when I was little because it was my only Hip-Hop record.

But, I'll admit of all the old school/Golden Era rappers KRS-One is like the strange one.

I can not get into his music at all.

I love Slick Rick, Kool G Rap, Ra, Kool Moe Dee, those guys are in my top 10.

KRS.... nah.

The only reason I can think to explain it is maybe his voice.
Because I loved Run-DMC, and they weren't very lyrical, I guesse it's because they had energy/charisma more so to me than Kris. I LOVED the Krush-Grooves, my bro left me a copy of Run-DMC + Raising Hell also. I didn't like Raising Hell like I did Run-DMC, cuz I didn't have those Krush-Groves; they felt epic to my 11 year old self.