Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSince I've been listening to Rap (1990?) I'd say........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2648673&mesg_id=2648709
2648709, Since I've been listening to Rap (1990?) I'd say........
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jan-12-12 04:26 AM
1. MC Hammer - Kill the dumb shit, Hammer was the first MAJOR Superstar in Rap. I mean a cartoon show?? Toys?? Yep.

2. 50 Cent - As said before, In da club was the most played song EVER...Niggas in Paris gets repeated plays, but it still wasn't what In da club was then. His mixtapes were on fire, and everybody was shouting G-G-G-G-G-G-UUUUUUNIT

3. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Arguably #2....I just feel the internet era boosted 50's overall buzz and hype. Doggystyle was everywhere, the singles were everywhere, and he became a household name, even if for infamous reasons.

4. Eminem - I'd say MMLP era Em was HUGE, and became an immediate superstar.

5. Lil Wayne - 07-08 Wayne was on everything.

6. Drake - His buzz/hype was a result of Wayne, but he became major in that 2009-2010 period.

7. 2Pac - I only put him low because it feels as if there was a LOT more competition at that time for the "top spot"....when 1-6 were runnin shit, felt like 2nd place was faaar behind. With Pac, Biggie was right there, Snoop's buzz was still around before Doggfather, and plenty of other rappers had a big year in 96...so he wasn't ahead of the pack as a whole.

8. Biggie - Right around Pac's death and up to his own death