Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti wasn't hitting up record stores much anymore even before
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2645657&mesg_id=2646061
2646061, i wasn't hitting up record stores much anymore even before
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Jan-05-12 12:54 PM
they all disappeared. something about the experience had become stale. too routine.

ah...i think i remember what it was. i think the price of new CDs had jumped to a point higher than what i was willing to pay. so, too often i was visiting stores and leaving empty-handed. or, when i would buy something it was old music anyway. and i started hitting up used record stores more often and browsing through their older material. and then when i found P2Ps on the Internet i steadily lost interest in going to a used store to sift through vinyl when i could just search for whatever i wanted using the P2P. back then i was still downloading mp3s to burn on CD to play on my stereo or Discman. i'd still buy new CDs, but not as often as i had before the price increases.

then i bought my 1st portable mp3 player and suddenly it didn't make sense to go buy CDs so i could rip them to my harddrive as mp3s when i could just download mp3s from the Internet. so there was no point in going to record stores for anything (especially since it wasn't something i was doing w/friends any more b/c they were even more tech-savvy). so i stopped.