Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTwo Things Happened To Me That Made Me Lose Interest In Most of Today's Music,,,,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2645657&mesg_id=2645930
2645930, Two Things Happened To Me That Made Me Lose Interest In Most of Today's Music,,,,
Posted by Harlepolis, Thu Jan-05-12 01:19 AM
1.The escapism factor is no longer needed. Like take P-Funk, Stevie, Prince, hell, not to mention MJ. Pick any of their albums, even the bad ones, and you're liable to live an experience lol well ok, not 20Ten, but you get my drift. You pick up the album, and skipping through the liner notes put the cherry on the top of the listening experience. Mind you, the escapism boiled down to the music, right? MJ might make a video, Prince might shoot a film but BOTH guys made their moves shrewdly to bring the attention to their music, not a distraction.

2. Artists no longer invested their times on "albums", they became more "singles" oriented. They became TOO invested on making their projects an EPIC as opposed to being invested in their projects, period. 9/10, when I listen to albums lately, I get ALL kinds of emotional detachment from these artists, how can you expect me to resonate with what you're saying when you don't even seem like you could give a goddamn? If it doesn't reach me emotionally, I don't miss with it AT ALL.

That being said, there're a few albums here & there that will grab my attention, but honestly? I tried the "I listen to everything" crap, but I'm finding myself more & more content finding solace in my old folks' crates and stuff like it. When I go back, I could ALWAYS stumble on something new, so, nobody can say that I listen to the same stuff over and over.