Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis is a good post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2645657&mesg_id=2645866
2645866, This is a good post
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Jan-04-12 09:33 PM
I definitely understand and relate to what you're saying.

I don't really actively seek out new music.

After people talk about something enough, I'll check it out, like Kendrick Lamar and sometimes I'll even like the music but in most cases I can't believe what people are listening to.

And I agree that at our age we start to lose interest in finding what's 'hot'

And that's really the difference.

People who aren't really fans of music are only interested in what is 'hot' instead of what is good.

And people our age that are concerned with what is 'hot' are in most case immature in other aspects of their life.

Obviously not all, but you have to question any one trying to keep up with what 15 year olds are on.

Another interesting thing is when there are newer artists making music that is similar to what we really like. Sometimes they seem like they're just copying the originals which makes me not really appreciate them but then there are artists like Anthony Hamilton who I really like and can listen to.

I mean, if I had to live off of the music I have now on my iTunes I would be fine. I am usually interested when artists I like come out with new music but I am like you when you say you're just not interested in hearing and keeping up with all these new artists.