Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe most disappointing songs ever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2643520&mesg_id=2643520
2643520, The most disappointing songs ever
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Dec-27-11 04:08 PM
So we did it with albums....how about songs? And I'm sure we've done it before, but oh well.

From that Just Blaze post Bammer made...I'll have to say Jay-Z "Kingdom come" as a song is one of the most. I remember EVERYBODY being hyped from seeing Just Blaze's Myspace/Youtube video where he played the beat...and we were like "man....if Jay came back and made that song?????" He made it, and.................blah.

As a L.A. head, I'd say that Dr. Dre + DJ Quik "Put it on me" was the most disappointing song of that era, and it basically ended what was our best year since 96 in a way that foreshadowed the next few years to come, which were basically horrible for L.A. Rap. Song was so damn average-decent...listenable for sure, but wouldn't even be dope for a Hittman album cut. Quik spit dope on it, and Dre wasn't bad, but the beat didn't move me for shit...it was just a bust of a song for sure.

What are some others? Collabos btwn artists, btwn artist and producer, reunion songs, etc. etc.