Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: wait
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2631392&mesg_id=2631960
2631960, RE: wait
Posted by princeguy, Thu Nov-24-11 12:23 PM
I'm honestly saying I like the song.

Easily. Shit is funky and contemporary at the same time.

Andy Allo surprised the shit out of me. She actually sounds nice with the rhyme.

I'm not comparing it to the original version. Why? I can listen to them both. He made them both. One doesn't neutralize the other. He composed them both, and I'll enjoy them both. Cats getting angry like he came to their crib and snatched up their shit and replaced it with this version. He know we all have the original, I'd be pissed if he re-released the same Damn song 20 yrs later.

I actually like BOTH versions. Just like he has done numerous times with other songs such as, The Dance, U're Gonna C Me, Tick Tick Bang, and Large Room With No Light.

And the "off" comments show that dudes listening way too critical. The shit is on purpose, and cats acting like he somehow "errored" with the production. Armchair producers are at the crib saying Prince errored with the synth!?!? That's comical as hell! If you can't follow it, then maybe YOU just can't follow it.