Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Bless the words of the prophet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2630886&mesg_id=3010031
3010031, RE: Bless the words of the prophet.
Posted by bc, Wed Oct-03-18 05:22 PM
This is more like the bump after an acquisition.

I'm real bored this afternoon...so enjoy the REUTERS article on this:

HOV Defying Expectations

After a rocky period in at the beginning of the decade, analysts remain quietly bullish on Jay-Z (ticker symbol:HOV). HOV is up an average 17% per year since 2010

The market did not look favorably on a rocky period of brand dilution and over-reach early this decade. Returns from forays into beverages, sports team and music management yielded decidedly mixed results.

HOV quietly reorganized with stronger management strategy and partnerships. "We needed better partners and we finally figured those things out" said a spokesperson not authorized to speak on the record.

Most watchers agree the real driver has been the completion over the last decade of the 2008 merger of HOV and Beyonce Inc. (symbol QnB) What now looks like an acquisition was initially spun as an established brand investing in on highly desired but unproven enterprise. In some ways like say, Google picking up YouTube in 2006.

"Yeah, HOV really benefited after being fully integrated into QnB. The discipline and focus of the QnB team finally filtered through all sectors of HOV which is up 22% year to date and 176% since 2014. Holders of HOV benefit most from being tied to the incredible rise of QnB which reported growth of nearly 774% over the same period.

Rumors of a QnB spinoff in 2014 only stoked demand for a stock now seen as the Apple (symbol:AAPL) of its sector. "Actually I'd say Apple is the QnB of Tech, dominant and growing stronger" said the spokesperson. "HOV somehow managed to hold on to its' stake and the Halo of QnB has buoyed HOV over the last 5 years.

"It's clearly a blue chip now. Rarely viewed as sector defining as RkM, NBG and NaS or as crucial as large-caps holds like MJJ and BTLS, HOV has clearly rewarded those that have held on through the lows. HOV has had many successes over the years." said the spokesperson, "It can be easy to forget how many but they're there"

respect,
bc

"my old boy from the Point but I'm from Southwest..."

"Are you really ready to carry some weight?,
Are you ready to design your fate?" -Kelvin Mercer