Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThe Eminem Show
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2625793&mesg_id=2626080
2626080, The Eminem Show
Posted by ChiefRocka, Wed Nov-09-11 03:44 PM
It was actually a pretty decent album, and compared to Encore it was a work of art. But it was that album where I realized "I've probably heard everything I need to hear from this guy." Combination of him getting worse and me completely losing my desire to listen to shock rap (this album concided with, I believe my sophomore year of high school so I guess I was maturing beyond wanting to hear him talk about raping his mother anymore). I listened to Encore like twice and my feelings were confirmed. Have yet to give a single Eminem album post-Encore a single spin and don't plan on it.

Others:

Redman - Malpractice. Still love Red to death but he ain't even trying anymore.

Mobb Deep - Blood Money. They've just run their course. Havoc should transition into a career of strictly producing, and Prodigy should probably retire.

50 Cent - Curtis. He completely lost all remnants of his "Power Of The Dollar" steez, combined with that ridiculous tiff with Kanye, he started to become extremely grating as a person and an artist. I've since come to appreciate him as a person (some of the shit he says and does is wild entertaining) but still don't fucks with his music anymore.

I'ma think up some more, give me a hot minute.