Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: How did "Superproducers" as a whole fall off and become irrelevant?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2624595&mesg_id=2769298
2769298, RE: How did "Superproducers" as a whole fall off and become irrelevant?
Posted by double 0, Sun Jan-13-13 12:00 AM
With budgets drying up... the labels had to go with a diff route...

so the "writing camp" comes into play

instead of throwing 250k at timbo or Neptunes and "hope" for one song

I can pay 250k and put 50 hungry songwriters and producers in studios.. round robin for a week straight...

make 100+ songs and pick the best 12

which one do you think makes more economical sense...

then there are the dr luke or Tricky/Dream camps that are 5 co producers 10 singersongwriters with track records and a current sound... I'd pay them before i'd pay someone that wants to "dance all in the videos" lol

Luke just got 62 MILLION from sony...

There is also a different kinda producer.. the SUPERproducers were as big as they were because they were 1/2 artist.. Dre, Timbo, Ye, Neptunes, Teddy Riley.. shit even Darkchild talked on records... they had an ability to sell themselves that made them bigger than just "beats"

those Artist/Producers now...are in the EDM world... Guetta, Avicii, Skrillex.. they don't need to deal with "rap" bullshit to be successful and they are BIGGER than rap artists

EDIT: that being said... if timbo comes correct on monday with this Justin Timberlake new shit he's "Back" and Kanye is still a HUGE star super producer