Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWell going off that list....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2624595&mesg_id=2624861
2624861, Well going off that list....
Posted by phemom, Mon Nov-07-11 01:53 PM
Just Blaze: woke up one day and decided...I don't wanna work. Perhaps the new Ross & Drake records will make Just wanna work more, cause I REFUSE to believe artists aren't calling him. Jay Elec is a wild card...but he will prolly be on SlaughterHouse, XV & Mickey Factz' debut & the next Jada album. 2012 should be his year...if he wants it.

Lil Jon: Got fucked in the game, and went another route...I can't blame him. Wish he's work w/Ciara again tho..

Scott Storch: Is an idiot....I bet he still submits to albums tho. He'll be a part of another hit...cause he is diverse and dope. Still an idiot tho lol

Jazze Pha: I got a theory on him, once his album w/Cee-Lo didn't drop and Ciara walked away from him (which kinda happened at the same time)...I think he got depressed. Dude has barely been on much in the last 3 years (he had 1 on Asher Roth's debut) Still talented...maybe he just needs to find another talent to develop.

Dr. Dre: Is bullshittin straight up, if he don't drop nothing after bringing back Snoop,Kurupt & D.O.C. I'll be confused.

Mr. Collipark: was never a super producer...just the hot beatmaker of the moment. When it ended...he did too.

The Neptunes: Being a neptunes stan....their inablity to make hits for anyone anymore is confusing. P isn't making wack shit, but he's not getting singles either. After a slow 09 & 10 (where P tried to use his old sounds in new songs), I think this year proves they are still can do it...and there's some mainstream artists that could use some creative work from them (Nelly, Snoop again, LL?). They can still do it.

Swizz Beatz: Is the only hip-hop superproducer left...he still makes hits with most of the people he's with...except for himself lol. With Jay, Jada, T.I. and Alicia he'll prolly get some more hits next year...the question is can he save Eve & DMX?

Trackmasters: Fell the fuck because they didn't change with the times. I know they gotta be mad for giving up on Red Cafe too...
Jermaine Dupri: Is taking too long with Da Brat...since Mariah is working with him again he'll get another shot. But will he disappear again after making hits like he did after "Emancipation Of Mimi"?

The Runners: aren't really superproducers imo, but they still involved. I think most people can't tell the difference between them & the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League...I'm sure they'll be making someone a hit next year. After "Cheers" for Rihanna, they should do some more R&B work imo

Cool and Dre: Always seem this close to something great then nothing happens. They gave Game a great track for RED that got ignored...still give Fat Joe good music too. They still submitting for major albums, so it's only a matter of time...but the greatness of "Hate It Or Love It" will prolly overshadow them the rest of their careers.

Mannie Fresh: Hopefully has taught producers a lesson: even if the business is fucked up...KEEP PUSHING MUSIC!!! Most people don't know about how Birdman was taking his money, they just figured he fell off...now he's been gone too long. Good luck trying to save Juvi & Mystikal...he might wanna submit something to T.I. or Big Krit ASAP.

Kanye West: "and I'm rapping on the beats they supposed to buy, guess I'm getting high on my own supply" sums it up. If you aren't an A-list rapper or fam (like Twista) you prolly aren't getting no Ye beats. If I was Ci Hi I would be following Ye wherever he is and grabbing beats. He seems like he's gonna be involved w/King Push's album...add hov's solo & the G.O.O.D. comp...everyone else is prolly getting scraps (good luck Ci Hi lol)