Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNope, that's pretty clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2621993&mesg_id=2622776
2622776, Nope, that's pretty clear
Posted by dalecooper, Tue Nov-01-11 04:46 PM
I agree with you too, especially about the cost. This is why emusic has been just about the only site I mess with, because their stuff is discounted - most albums are $6, and with the subscription discounts I get it works out to be actually more like $5. But it used to be a lot cheaper and with their steadily rising rates, they'll eventually be just another iTunes or Amazon, most likely... at which point I will cancel and just buy my shit from Amazon, if at all. The main reason I'm still clinging to my subscription right now is that I buy a lot of singles from reggae and dancehall artists, which has always been a very singles-oriented industry and increasingly has gone over to the digital realm exclusively, as well. (So if you don't pay for downloads you may as well tell the artist straight up that he's better off broke, even though you like his songs.)

Where was I? Got a little sidetracked there. Anyway... yeah, I think if they want to hang on to their downsized but still-respectable profits from downloads, they ought to do a little across-the-board discounting. Shit is just not worth $10 an album to me. The most I've paid for a single digital album in a long, long time was $8 for one on Amazon, and that was solely because 1) it wasn't on emusic and 2) wasn't available as a physical either, plus 3) I felt the artist probably really needed my money.