Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI really feel the same way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2616395&mesg_id=2621164
2621164, I really feel the same way
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Oct-28-11 01:06 PM
I think months, if not years, removed, it'll be the same, unless somehow they come out with something better. Though, I really can't say that the overwhelmingly positive reaction to this album is just the result of superfans like us just happy to hear them again. Nearly every review I've read indicates a pleasant surprise.

They actually made a good album with modern sensibilities. While I would have loved to have heard something along the lines of "Old School" (the scrapped Morris track) on this record, I think what they did instead really was a better idea. I think maybe I'd even find a way to like "Hey Yo" (which as CherNic said above, sounds a little too "T.I."-ish for me to buy as a "Time" song) after some time. I mean, it's not so bad that I don't even listen to it ("If The Kid Can't Make You Come" is in that category to me...it was confusing even if you think about it in Purple Rain context).

The most hype song to me was "Toast to The Party Girl"... especially that end. Really felt like you were in a live show with them. Even the "since 1981" lead in, and then going into a song that sounds like "After Hi School" to start off... then it just turned into a monster.

Everything leading up to this album in hindsight seemed like a stroke of genius. Selling the name change, the snippets, and everything else... I really hope that they can go out and tour for real. This is really what Pandemonium should have been... and would have been if they came back naturally and not via a record company mandate.