Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyup, Hey Yo is slightly questionable, there's one other 'ok' cut but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2616395&mesg_id=2619193
2619193, yup, Hey Yo is slightly questionable, there's one other 'ok' cut but
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Oct-24-11 06:17 PM
I'm happy and in some cases extremely happy with the rest.

I know some seem so-so on the single but I think '#Trendin' is a perfect single/intro back in for these guys, that cut is gonna move live & in the context of the album I'm digging it.

And yeah, IfIWasYourMan is one of the best cuts. Is it my imagination or do I hear a bit of the verse-melody from Janet's 'Escapade' in there?

The DVD is cool, well put together visually even if obviously not a big-budget production & gives a well-rounded breakdown/perspective of each band member's recounting of events plus keeps going back to current day with them all sitting around a restaurant table a la Reservoir Dogs.

Lots of quotables from Morris of course but Terry had some hilarious moments as well & it's cool to hear from Jessie as well.

All in all, the CD/DVD special edition was the best ten bucks I spent all weekend by a country mile.