Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: yeah man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2616395&mesg_id=2617463
2617463, RE: yeah man
Posted by murph71, Thu Oct-20-11 08:23 AM
>Watching this dvd made me realize this was suposed to be
>Morris' band...not Prince's
>How can he fire cats not n his band?

When you write, produce the majority of the music and sign said group to a record contract and take them out on your tour I assume you believe that can do anything you wanna do...lol

>That's like George firing Maceo and Fred from the Rubber
>Band...wtf

Not at all...Unless George was playing 99.9 percent of the instruments (ie. playing Bootsy's bass and Maceo's sax) and writing most of the songs and coming up with Bootsy's concepts, it's def. not the same thing...

>You can tell Morris is still peeved about that

Yeah, I'm sure he was...

>I agree 100...this whole I own the name has nothing to do w
>masters but Prince being a dick towards folk he believed
>betrayed him

That's where we disagree...Because no one really knows...The reason why I tend to go into calling Prince a dick is because of his past history with wanting to have control...That would be par for the course, right? However, the fact that Prince's contract for his Masters are finally kicking in (after 30 years he gains his Masters back by law...wouldn't be a shock that dude has his eyes on that first Time album...)...So unless Jimmy & Terry are going around saying that its personal and not business, I'll fall back with totally making Prince out to be Hitler...lol

>Same story for Fdeluxe
>I also think there might be a taste of envy in regards to
>their broterhood.
>
>Either way...it doesn't shine a positive light on Jehovah/love
>thy brother Prince....
>It wasn't shocking to hear of his dickery back n the day but
>in 2011? Come on man!!!

It's a good album...The fellas did some serious work...But let's slow down...lol