Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: that damn prince
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2616395&mesg_id=2617401
2617401, RE: that damn prince
Posted by murph71, Wed Oct-19-11 10:13 PM
>i never knew about him bringing jam/lewis into a room and
>embarrassing the shit out of them...
>i knew they got the can but "they aint never gonna be nothing'
>shit makes this record (and their accomplishments) even
>better
>toast to the original 7ven!!

Yeah...that story was pretty well known folklore back in the days...Prince was (and still is) a controlling little bastard...

And I've gone on record as saying that if his not allowing the fellas to use that Time name didn't have anything to do with him re-gaining his masters to those old Time albums (that's been one of the rumors floating about) and he was just on some petty shit, then it's just Prince being Prince...A fucking prick...

And hell, think about it...Dude was so self-absorbed (and this was before PR broke...lol) that he wouldn't even allow himself to entertain the possibility that Jam & Lewis had the goods...Prince was probably thinking to himself "I wrote and played most of the music, gave you guys the look, took you out on my tours and helped shape your stage show and made u stars, and u think u gonna make it on your own?!!!"...lol

As wrong as that shit was to tell those guys they wouldn't make it without his highness' guidance, it's not exactly shocking considering that Prince was playing puppet master with the Time...

But his ass sure found out when Jam & Lewis was racking up those hits in the '80s...lol