Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject'It's Good' is an example of what I was talking about
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2614665&mesg_id=2692371
2692371, 'It's Good' is an example of what I was talking about
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Apr-29-12 09:45 AM
dude's voice is just grating to get through some songs and it has a negative effect on the song overall. Dude wasn't doing that shit as much on the two albums prior. and I got a higher tolerance for silliness. "MegaMan" was cool. "Abortion" was actually one of my favorite tracks from that record -- the raps seemed like they were actually on par with his potential, but the increasing gremlins in his voice was just a downgrade.

For what it was I thought it was a cool "major label" project, same as I think about this Wale joint -- the intro/interlude sections were my favorite part (well except Shyne, I had no idea who the hell he was until I Googled it).

I think the real reason I was down on the rapping is the same reason I don't really roll with a lot of the later Eminem albums, and I shake my head at most Jay-Z albums as a whole product in between The Black Album and his latest (except American Gangster)... they gotta dilute themselves in some way to reach the masses often by doing some bullshit to grate on ears.