Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYour timelines are off, that's the problem
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2613922&mesg_id=2616190
2616190, Your timelines are off, that's the problem
Posted by DJR, Mon Oct-17-11 05:35 PM
Nas 10 years in....was going double platinum with Stillmatic and kicking Jay's ass in one of the most high profile battles ever. So I don't know what you're talking about there. Nas has been a relevant name in hip hop for 20 years....Wayne is not even close to that yet. So I don't agree with that outlasting stuff at all.

And you're saying they came on the same 3-4 years apart? Nas was on the scene in 91. Wayne came out in 94-95? I don't think that Hot Boys shit was out until like 97-98, but I could be wrong. What I know I'm right on is that Nas came right out the gates as one of the best in the game, in an era with a lot more competition. Nobody gave a fuck about Wayne until like 2004, and he was one of the wackest out of his own crew before that. BG and Juvie were considered the better rappers out that crew. Wayne was to them what Nature was to Nas.

Waynes going on like 7 years of being considered good. Yeah, Nas doesn't have the pop hits. I don't think that was ever his aim either though. Wayne ain't higher in any list than Nas because he put out a gay ass rock album and got the Beckys on his dick. That stuff holds zero weight with me when making a greatest hip hop list.