Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: My rationale on BDK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2613922&mesg_id=2614660
2614660, RE: My rationale on BDK
Posted by murph71, Fri Oct-14-11 07:52 AM
>2 Classics >>> 1
>
>Kane was just the man
>Style
>Swag
>and no one was fucking with dude on the mic...
>
>it might have been only 4-5 years
>
>but those 4-5 years he was KING

Kane wasn't KING...During the same era a guy named Rakim was in his prime...Also during that era was KRS-One, Chuck D and not to mention the formation of the Native Tongue movement...Hell, Kool G Rap and Scarface were coming into their own...

Like I said, I love Kane...He was a great combo---MC and entertainer (some people forget that as nasty as BDK was on the mic, that dude could dance is ass off...he had a GREAT stage show)....But Kane's low points are lower than any of the GOATS...Even when Nas was stumbling with Nastradamus and making silly, tepid cross-over tracks, his worst moments could never be lower than Kane taking his "loverman" image to cartoon like levels...There are others that have made a bigger imprint than Kane...LL Cool J, Scarface, Ice Cube, Redman ect...

For me, BDK is def. a top 10 MC....But top 5?....And you are leaving out the most important lyrical MC of the '90s?....Nah...

Choosing Kane before Nas is simply head scratching if we go by your original rationale behind leaving Nas out of the conversation...