Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectOkay, short synopsis:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2611014&mesg_id=2611367
2611367, Okay, short synopsis:
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Oct-05-11 10:19 PM
The best way I can describe it is a chat room with a soundtrack. Except everyone is there for the music rather than the chat.

You go over there, load music into your queue (all of which must come from your hard-drive or cloud drive), and then play said music. Everyone in the room has their queue and gets a turn. There's no limit to how people can be in any given room. The Lesson room generally has four to seven people on any given day.

The regulars tend to be: Invcpl, Howisya, Ghetto Black, Lonesome D, John Book, Austin, AraQual, Joey Joe, Steve O Tron, Ajav, Denny and Shockzilla. I get in there when I can. Occasionally Old Pro and Silky occasionally come through. Funkymusic has started to become a regular. Rhymesandammo is there a lot, but he doesn't play as music as the others. And apparently Tone comes through there as well. People play all sorts of shit; a lot of it tends to be "electronic" or whatever the kids call it these days, but Lonesome D always reps for the old time and World music.

Anyway, I think you'd have with it. It's generally the most active during the U.S. work day. Most of the contributors are on the East Coast, so it starts to die down towards the end of their work day.