Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectcoupla things.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2611014&mesg_id=2611054
2611054, coupla things.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Oct-05-11 11:04 AM
- I dunno. I think that Time record gonna be good. "IfIWasYourMan" sounded kinda...iffy but the general groove was there. I hear a lot of Jesse in some of those tracks, or rather, they remind me of his last album. It's gonna be their "20ten".

- speaking of 20ten: I listened to that again. damn, that was a good record. Though, the very first song on it sounds like "F-Zero" to me.

- Something about those classic Jam/Lewis ballads seem ageless. "A Broken Heart Can Mend", "Tell Me If You Still Care", the joint they did for Change... like, some of the production might be dated but the actual composition still "works". I wonder if they get a lot of covers.

- I had this weird thought about Jay and Kanye. besides their MC-ing talents, they work so well because they're so similar. I think Kanye is way more vocal about his insecurities, while Jay is very businesslike and controlled. to put it in car geek terms, Kanye is an Alfa Romeo, and Jay is a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

- My favorite Wayne song might be "Let The Beat Build". That beat is borderline hilarious/"Otis"-like (what makes "Otis" hilarious? GACKADOPPANUHNUHNUH and the OTIS SCREAM)

- Premier threw me for a loop on that Torae record.