Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthahahaha what?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2609638&mesg_id=2609991
2609991, hahahaha what?
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Sun Oct-02-11 07:31 PM
i mean, speak for yourself dude... i can tell you exactly why Dre and Mos are more popular than their counterparts - connection w/ their audience.. i dig Big Boi, dig Kweli.. but at the end of the day, through diction, delivery, more cohesive verses, clarity, rhyme sceme, *it* factor (on *wax*, not this male modeling contest you're envisioning), cadence, variety (in 3000's case at least), verses that leave you thinking (Kweli has this too), these dudes have advantages over the other halves of OutKast and BlackStar.. not to say Big Boi and Kweli suck at any of those things, but Dre and Mos just happen to do them better...

and just to humor you and your point, Andre prob. scores some points by obviously having a more interesting look than Big Boi, but that has to do w/ his wardrobe and i'd say that's showmanship... and does looking like you're having a great time while rapping (Mos Def) play into ppl growing a stronger attachment? yea, you could make that argument.. but that has to do w/ body language and smiling over "looks"...

although i think your argument is laughable, even when i give it fair consideration, i think it still falls way short... either that or you're getting it mixed up w/ something other than what you said..