Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject1997-2000 (Sumter, SC)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2609437&mesg_id=2610509
2610509, 1997-2000 (Sumter, SC)
Posted by Ishwip, Tue Oct-04-11 08:31 AM
No Limit dominated, along with Ruff Ryders and Cash Money

Can't lie, I rode the bus to school most of my time in high school so on the bus I always had my headphones on and.......what I had in my cd player wasn't what everybody else was listening to lol.

All the usual suspects from Tribe to Wu, Nas to Company Flow, Freddie Foxxx to all that Rawkus stuff. Pete Rock. Premier. ETC.

I remember one time I wast listening to Jeru the Damaja and someone on the bus asked:

"What are you listening to?".

"Jeru....".

"Ja Rule?"

"No, Jeru the Damaja."

"Who? Is he new?" (*confused expression*)

"Naw, he's been around. This is his second album...." (*me growing annoyed cuz I KNOW what's coming next*)

"Never heard of him!" (*dismissive tone*)

Hahaha.

And this is basically how high school went for me, with people either not knowing the artists OR wondering why I was listening to some "East Coast sh*t" down in South Carolina.

Of course, I had a few friends/associates who listened to what I did or at least some of it. One dude was REALLY into BCC.......and that was it! Not much Wu or Nas or Mobb Deep, but ALL of BCC's albums lol. Always found that bizarre.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)