Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject1997-2001
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2609437&mesg_id=2609651
2609651, 1997-2001
Posted by howisya, Sat Oct-01-11 12:54 PM
i remember trading CDs and ZIP disks (yes, really) of a lot of IDM (the warp records roster: aphex twin, autechre, boards of canada, squarepusher, etc., as well as mu-ziq and amon tobin), some more general "electronica" like moby, fluke, fila brazillia, coil, and massive attack, as well as post-rock like mogwai and godspeed, older rock like neil young, the beatles, they might be giants, and my bloody valentine, and as far as hip-hop, common, 2pac, the roots, and mos def come to mind. some of my classmates liked cash money and slip-n-slide, but i didn't get into it. my friends and i enjoyed outkast, wu-tang, the clash, radiohead, portishead, NIN, and dj shadow. one particular friend played some death metal as well as ratt ("ironically") in his car on our way to community service every week. a few of us were into jazz, so i started off with some miles davis, namely 'bitches brew' and 'kind of blue.'