Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBut that there actually makes a case for Pac
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2608374&mesg_id=2610480
2610480, But that there actually makes a case for Pac
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Oct-04-11 03:16 AM
For one....most folks on the West Coast never held Pac as our #1 artist like how Jay has been for NY since like 2001 or even earlier. I won't say we saw Snoop as #1 since he only had Doggystyle up to Pac's death, but Cube was DEFINITELY higher than Pac was. So if the entire coast died with Pac, that shows that he had a MAJOR impact in his last 1-2 years in the game.

The East Coast was in a much better position in 96-97 than the West was...so with his death, it didn't stop their impact b/c they finally re-programmed their style to make hits, with Biggie being one of the catalysts.

With influence n all...I'd say Pac had more influence image wise, not just from a bandana and bald head, but from his depth and two sides (gangsta/thug vs political, conscious, aware)...while Biggie had an influence in how to make (East Coast) hits. I'd even say Pac had more influence with delivereeeee (see what I did there) while Big had more impact lyrically.