Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyea, i think RH has a 3-way tie for their *best* album.. Kid A is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2608179&mesg_id=2609412
2609412, yea, i think RH has a 3-way tie for their *best* album.. Kid A is
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Fri Sep-30-11 05:34 PM
one of those... and i still listen to the album decently often... but sure, Kid A might be "overrated".. but the only way i'd agree to that is if temporal/sequential context doesn't count in judging an album's greatness... even in a vacuum though, i think it's a great album start to finish..

for what it's worth, i think

OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac and In Rainbows are pretty much flawless... and yea, i prob. like Amnesiac more than Kid A.. maybe an unpopular view, but i never viewed it as Kid A's little brother, there's a complete and distinct album there (2 versions of Morning Bell goes a decent way in proving me wrong tho lol)... King of Limbs is getting up there for me.. i think i'll eventually consider it one of RH's GREAT albums.. The Bends is very very good to me, just not on the same level as the others, but probably because i heard OKC, Kid A and Amnesiac before hearing it and the band really evolved a lot in that time span.. HTTT is def. a very good album... I'd hold it in the same regard as the other top albums if they just cut a few tracks (Backdrifts, Suck Young Blood, The Gloaming).. and i still haven't actually listened to Pablo Honey cuz i didn't want to eff w/ the track record in my head lol

so yea, even the albums i have at the bottom of their catalog are still better than most bands' better albums, imo...