Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMC's Who's Passion or Personality make up for lack of Technical MC Skills: You need both?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2607937&mesg_id=2607937
2607937, MC's Who's Passion or Personality make up for lack of Technical MC Skills: You need both?
Posted by Thanes1975, Wed Sep-28-11 02:13 PM
MC's Who's Passion or Personality make up for lack of Technical MC Skills: You need both? The Kanye post made me think about Tupac and a few other MC's who's emotions, passion and approach to the MIC assist with maybe the lack of Technical Skills or deep lyrical ability. Some MC's are almost too technical but some have the passion and emotions that make you overlook (not really a lack of skills) some minor errors in traditional MCing. Some names that come to mind are:

1.Tupac (though more lyrical than people give him credit)
2. Kanye West
3. Chuck D (great MC but I personally dont always dig his style but his passion, voice & personality on the mic (power)helped him.
4. Biggie (ok...wait..lol...what I mean here is Biggie personlity on the mic was so good he could say crazy shit. "you look so good, I'll s*** your..**you know the rest"..lol
5.Snoop...all personality on the mic...early songs he was dope but now he can get by with anything..

just some examples from my perspective...Thoughts...who would you say Passion or Personality get them over the hump? Why?

Peace