Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Let's go back in time to 1992 to the anticipation/release of The Chronic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2606048&mesg_id=2606658
2606658, RE: Let's go back in time to 1992 to the anticipation/release of The Chronic
Posted by Original Juice, Mon Sep-26-11 01:22 AM
"The Chronic" came out when I had just turned 18 years old.

Yeah, we played the shit out of it amongst other albums.. but that one.. man, we definitely played that one end to end, front to back... My personal favorite was the bonus track.. "Bitches Ain't Shit".. I thought Kurupt's style was the sickest shit on that whole album.. But yeah, the cool thing was that everybody loved that album. It was a hit album that we all loved regardless of how deep into rap music you were at the time... like "Raising Hell", "Licensed to Ill", and yes.. "Straight Outta Compton." We didn't think to hard about it or analyze or nothin like that.. In fact, we probably took for granted the fact it was so good.. We didn't anticipate albums or check for release dates.. If a tape for an artist we dug was in the stores, then we either bought it, lifted it, or bought it/dubbed it/and returned it.

White Bronco.