Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectall true Co Sign
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2606048&mesg_id=2606165
2606165, all true Co Sign
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Sep-24-11 10:35 AM
and remember Dr Dre on that source cover with the gun to his head and as has been mentioned the whole dee barnes fallout and situation.

it was a big time gamble that paid off.

some folks might laugh and think oh no biggie with Dr.Dre And Suge doing there thing but back then it was high stakes poker.

fast forward some years later and you had Puffy getting that 75 million start up credit for Bad Boy, then Master P with No limit, then Cash Money and there deal with Universal, to X Raided doing his thing, then of course rap alot, also murder inc...,etc....

and while rutheless got the ball rolling, it was Death Row that while at first a boutique label it stayed that way only for a short time, because the music was banging no pun itended and also the artists were big time and they did it up there big.

but nobody saw things blowing up like they did and that is what made it so special.

watching those humble begginging on death row was something else. everybody eating out of 2 buckets of a KFC bucket and just winging it and making things happen.

wallmart wasn't stocking that CD back then. that is another thing to remember the sticker scared folks.

that tape/cd got played a whole lot like crazy. i don't care what nobody says because i was there as were others, that to me was the last universal Hip-Hop release that it seemed everybody was on the same vibe with and then when Snoop dropped his debut it was a wrap and to me i still say that Dre and Snoop got robbed out of making magic because they were unfadeable for a good minute.

in truth i could make another thread on that, but Dr Dre and Snoop were everything that Kayne and Jay Z will never be as MC's and also Producer to Artist. you can't create that kind of chemistry at all that is what made it a beautiful thang.