Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIn my head I am building the perfect music App
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600478&mesg_id=2601082
2601082, In my head I am building the perfect music App
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Sep-14-11 10:27 AM
Fair gripe regarding Subscription Services not having all the songs you want. But a Subscription Service that included a cloud service for your own tracks can fix that.

In my head I am building the perfect Music App and it would be composed of services that are already available now, but all in one place. Including:

1. A subscription service. The great thing I have discovered about subscription services is that it has me listening to albums I would never have bothered to purchase or even steal.
2. Cloud Service - Spotify doesn't have every song, so I want a cloud service Like Google Music so I can upload the tracks that are covered by the subscription service.
3. Last.FM Statistics - I want lots of data on what people are listening to. WHich songs are trending up.
4. Facebook Integration - I want to know what my friends are listening to (but judging from spotify's facebook integration, my friends are listening to crap).
5. Facts about the track/band/album etc.- I want allmusic, wikipedia info to pop up when I select a track. Also would like to know which of my friends are listening to the same track. Maybe an online space to discuss the track/album etc.

What else am I missing here. Maybe I should have started a seperate post re: dream music App.

the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.