Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI don't know what else to spend money on, LOL...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600478&mesg_id=2600593
2600593, I don't know what else to spend money on, LOL...
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Tue Sep-13-11 03:15 PM
Well, I have a kid now so that's one thing but still...

Actually, when the whole file-sharing, and a bit later, blog-thing took off, I became enarmored with it and even stopped working full-time since I didn't need much money anymore and I also needed more free time to listen to all the music available.

However-and this might sound corny as fuck but I don't care-I became unhappy with this; searching for records in used stores and reading about music to check out etc. was something I had been doing since I was seven and I jst felt incomplete; it was like a big part of my life that had just disappeared and downloading and shit just couldn't fill that void not to mention that the sheer enjoyment I got out of finding a dope record in physical form beat the downloading aspect by far so I stopped and went back to my old ways.

And yes, it's the music that matters and it doesn't matter if it's digital or you own it or blah-blah but I don't care; I come from a different era...

That being said, I love Spotify and use it at work all the time because I can obviously not bring my record-collection there and my MP3 player only holds 2 Gb so it's great if I'm in the mood at work to hear a certain record,,,