Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecti never said anything revolves around me, i took exception
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600387&mesg_id=2601900
2601900, i never said anything revolves around me, i took exception
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Sep-15-11 12:18 PM
at this 1982,83,84,85,86 fill in the blank of the year issue that a certain set of folks still have with Lionel Richie as if still matters and carrys weight?

what gets me is a few things

He proved himself as a great talent with the commodores and it carried over into his solo career and he brought it on stage,etc..

he never changed who he was or what he did.

what offends me is that you act like Lionel Richie went from being Gill scott Heron or Curtis Mayfield and then morphed into Ben Veren or Stevie B??

point i was saying like a James Brown record is that Lionel never changed his formula from jump and i found the title wrong and in truth in hindsight all R&B acts that crossed over back then were in the same boat as him.

i don't control nothing or try to, however i found the obvious thread and title personal and i spoke out on it and question why in 2011 would anybody go back 30 years to a completely different time and era of Black music to single handly pick on Lionel B.Richie at a time when cross over was very much in swing and yet the bottom line you had to have the songs to count and matter.

the songs were always there for Lionel.

and you know I'm ole school because i really got heated when you said Jeffrey osbourne. i mean JO was always doing his lane.

i mean we could name just about anybody that cross over back then really Man.why Lionel?