Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthowever the whitebread thread was a direct response to my thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600387&mesg_id=2601872
2601872, however the whitebread thread was a direct response to my thread
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Sep-15-11 11:44 AM
now am i right or wrong? trying to think long and hard at how many Lionel B.Richie threads you have made over the years?

everybody who can read between the lines know what your thread was saying and how it played itself out. bottom line the term sell out needs to be retired and i ain't going to say it anymore because hip-hop showed me and you and others of a certain age range and group that all is fair when it comes to Dollaz and Sense.

i don't hate Prince and I wish you wouldn't say that. because i have bought his records, been to his shows and supported the cat for a long time, however his track record on this very subject speaks for itself. alot of folks got into Prince because he was on some Peacock NBC tip.

Prince was never really a threatening Brother Musically or personally like that on the real.

Prince could jam and Groove, but he was never a threat. but the 360 degree turn he did after he made the black album and his early 90's era are comical and nevermind because he was a mess and never recovered studio wise.

my thread was cool because what you bash Lionel about is what Jay Z is getting over with now as is Kayne West and Lil Wayne.

Kayne had that one video where he was rocking the Lionel Richie do and cats were tripping out over it. but the bottom line it is Pop Music and is accessible and all of our acts that have crossed over have purposely done it and knowingly.

by your logic against Richie than Sam Cooke is a double cream pop becuase he tailored his sercular material to meet radio and it was very accesible the background vocals you notice as well.

ain't nothing new under the sun.

i never called myself a victim, however i can tell a attack was on but it didn't stick because i can battle and i took up for the Lionel bashing.

put it like this yeah i jump in other threads and make my pressence felt however i ain't had no kind of confrontation as i have had in the past few weeks especially when it comes to Lionel B.richie and i wonder why the resentment lingers some nearly 30 years later from cats like yourself? i don't get it.

i stay out of alot of threads. you using jeffrey osbourne was a bad joke most heads here don't know him from Tom Osbourne.

i already said lionel comes from the ray charles school of music making.

this ain't the 80's no more.i grew up listening to lionel b.richie amongest others still got the same "can't slow down" tape i use to listen to when i went to the malls and things.,