Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecttwo words Alexender O'Neal still calling Prince out on that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600387&mesg_id=2601844
2601844, two words Alexender O'Neal still calling Prince out on that
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Sep-15-11 11:11 AM
almost 30 years later and not just him doing his thing musically but also personally. i mean i listen to Prince as much as anyone back in the day,etc.. and acting like he wasn't gearing things up a certain way and the fact the dude who was once upon a time a Badd Cat in the studio had to resort to Naming an album "the Black Album" because folks were calling him out speaks volumes don't you think?

Prince and Lionel Richie are two different cats though I can tell Prince was influenced by Lionel in some ways in certain things. another topic and thread.

what i take exception to is a whole lot, because Lionel never changed his basic formula and i point out songs during a decade long stretch where he was the same cat doing what he does.

it ain't like one day Lionel B.richie went from being Rudy Ray Moore into Byron Allen i mean come on man, the same cat that wrote sail on with Country,R&B and Pop dish also did truly, then penny Lover and deep river woman. all within a decade.

Prince though a very talented Musician and Artist has blurred the lines racially in film, videos and certainly in his music. i mean somebody could clown U got the Look, arms of Orion, graffti Bridge title song, free,i would die 4 u, and alot of around the world in a day and parts of parade and have a field day on the question of what happen to the Soul Prince?

dude if you don't see it Prince is just to easy to go after and he brought that on himself talk about drastic change?

the whole NPG and Tony M era sounds like a Guilty suspect of what you calling out Lionel B.richie on.

thing about Lionel and Jeffrey is that they were writing for Grown folks something that Prince for all of his talent ain't never really been able to register.

that's why i said around my way and growing up we dug Prince's music, but as a songwriter he really was never saying a whole lot and he sure ain't seeing no real Songwriters to expand on that, but in terms of Grooves,Hooks and vamps he manipulated a whole lot of placement which was cold back in the day.

and Man somebody could go after Ray Parker Jr. you gotta understnad when you singel somebody out as a Artist then you leave yourself wide open for others to get at somebody you dig and to me Ray Parker Jr never really changed you can say jacked other folks stuff or got corny, but he never changed his formula he was always acceissible.

Prince made a 360 degree flip from dirty mind to purple rain and your argument against lionel applys here if you can dig the picture.

thats why i say all the acts back then were guilty of this if you will. picking on lionel b. richie is so 1984 and tired.

besides Man can't no music artist or entertainer control or dictate our lives, now however a Politican like a Ward Connerly is who you outta be having issues with IMO. or this Brother running in the Tea Party.