Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Aint no reading the thread backwards
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600387&mesg_id=2601781
2601781, RE: Aint no reading the thread backwards
Posted by murph71, Thu Sep-15-11 09:56 AM
>If maxxx is like 1 + 1 = 2 you and Old Pro will jump up and
>down like whoa and start questioning him and start using some
>bullshit.

Again...I don't know u and I've never seen you post around these parts...But I'm calling bullshit because OP has been backing Maxx since the days when dude was getting banned...And while Maxx and myself have had spirited debates in the past, we always had respect for one another...Hell, he's even apologized for taking one debate too far...So no, there was never "beef" or issues with dude on my part...But lately, it seems like (on his part) he's going through some things and projecting that shit on folks on this board...And that's unfortunate...

>
>To call Lionel white bread is disrespectful since he made
>music that was blacker than anything your little purple sissy
>boy ever did, and Prince"s funk always had a white man swing
>to it and what is more white bread than Purple Rain and Around
>the world in a day come on to shit on Lionel is weak sauce.

Again..I think you are pulling my leg here...I would venture to say that you are an alias...But i will try to take your post on face value...This is not Prince vs. Lionel...This is about whether or not folks can have a musical debate without resorting to name calling and blatant disrespect....Clearly, that point is going over your head...
>
>It also pigeonhole's black music and as a writer and decent
>journalist you should know better than to pigeonhole or call
>somebody a sellout

Red herring, dog...Whether or not I think Lionel's '80s music sucks or that he sold out to the highest bidder is beyond the point...And again, you have to read...Maxx is the one that brought race into this...In fact, that's been his whole steeze....He's called artists sell-outs so many times that it's become his calling card...

Bottom line: I've never disrespected Maxx...I've always debated with the facts and my own views without resorting to slinging out "Uncle Tom" (again, if you've read my work, this is wacky, unfounded and lazy statement)...

I feel funny even responding to this shit...Again, we can all agree to disagree...But blatant disrespect and lying? Nah...that's not part of the game...Maybe for you it is...But I don't roll like that....