Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLionel didn't lose a thing and no more than them and you are wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2600387&mesg_id=2600617
2600617, Lionel didn't lose a thing and no more than them and you are wrong
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Sep-13-11 03:36 PM
Michael Jackson took a hit from the hood after thriller and while dangerous came back strong, he was hit and miss with folks until Butterflies. then it was touchy and only in death have i seen this so called lovefest again for MJ. phony turkeys there.

Prince had the slow cuts and folks respected his talent, but in my local barbershop back in 90 cats one saturday were like he needs to retire. he got too self righteious and for quite a few and just wasn't funky no more. folks love the old stuff but they moved on.

Rick James now i dug glow and whatnot but on the real his best stuff went to the mary jane girls after a while and though he kept a few hits, folks moved on.

Lionel Richie Commodore days til can't slow down and folks moved on really.

the songs are timeless but folks move on.

what cats ain't saying is that you reinvent yourself like Charlie Wilson,Ronald Isley then said audience will mostly embrace the old stuff, but they are lukewarm to the new.

in the Hood it can be argued that MJ,prince,Lionel,Rick were never the same to folks after 84. that ain't far fetched. and truth be told Luther vandross was running a certain ship from 85 onwards for a minute.i'm talking R&B circles.