Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Maybe I'm of the wrong mind.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2598049&mesg_id=2612375
2612375, RE: Maybe I'm of the wrong mind.
Posted by Austin, Sun Oct-09-11 01:34 AM
I had someone tell me recently that my blog is good, but not all that interesting, because I give 95% of the things I talk about a good review.

It was really pretty puzzling to me.

Because #1) I am just bombarded all the time with MUSIC. Especially since living alone. I just internalize it and think about it constantly. MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. When it's good, I get so much out of it. Why dwell on the negative?

#2) It's my fucking blog, I'll talk about what the hell I want. Haha.

I don't know man. It just really bothered me. Why am I being criticized for being positive? It's not like I update three times a day. I do maybe one post per week, and in that time, I'm way more interested in talking about the goodness.

To answer the initial post: Fleet Foxes and, more recently, Canterbury bands. Always loved Fleet Foxes, but ever since I saw them live a month ago, it's just come completely into focus just how incredibly good they are at what they do. As far as Canterbury bands, yeah. Jazz rock at its best. I've been venturing that way for a bit now, but hey. All things in time, right?

Good topic. I thoroughly approve.

~Austin